Sunday, October 23, 2022

Seed of Life

 Well lightning did strike


Said boy you ain’t right

Better head over to ma’s

Tell her you gotta a fever

You can’t stop thinking about her


And the electricity ran through me

I said love will save us

But the current said not now --

Too busy for the fright


It beckoned me to its call

So I followed the guide into

The secret garden

And there I smelled the flowers


The tree in the middle

Looked down at me

Said you know life 

Was just given to me


I said me too big tree

But I ain’t got no roots here

So I wander around

Wondering how I got here


Well the tree looked at me

Said to each their own 

But life was beckoned

And so we’re here


Well true enough tree

All we have is right now

But not even the garments

I wear will endure time’s flow

So where is it we go

When life says no more?


The tree staring at me replied,

“Take heed of the seed --

Where does it come from

When life says forever more?”

No comments: