Sunday, October 23, 2022

Running

 It’s been weeks poured into

Running from this boar

You think it sounds ridiculous

But he has tracked me I swear

And my feet are getting tired

Of always being on the run

So I scream to the wind

Let this be it then

Let it strike me down

I am scurrying for my life

In treacherous woods

That once sparkled with hope

But now only seem barren


Yes I am done being on the run

God if this is your fate

Then I shall hold the last laugh

For I will yield to life to no more

No God if I am to run from this boar

Forever more then strike me down

And perhaps we shall meet again

Cause these legs haven’t the might

To climb another hill tonight


I rose to my feet courageous

As I ever felt in my life

And ran directly into the darkness

To heed the boar’s attention

The thicket was cutting me up

But my legs never felt so powerful

As I bursted into the night

A proud fool ready to meet his fright


I reached a small tree

And swung myself around

To see what was behind


And sure enough

There was the beast

Staring right back at me

A tear crossed my eye

And I thought 

This is the end then

Of all the things I loved

My fate was decided 

To be at the bottom

Of this boars stomach

Because of a whim

That I might be happy

Deep within a forest

As I looked upon death

I only felt regret


The rain started to pour harder

And the boar was now charging

His tusks were poised like daggers

And just as my life was at stake

Lightning did strike

And a lion rose from me

Leaping into the moonlight

to meet the boar head on

Who was quickly no more


The lion turned around and winked at me

and said you could do it too if you tried

And then the rain did subside

And from where I lie

A ray of light did pierce

The misty gray veil 

Into my eye


And I saw a distant light




No comments: