Thursday, August 14, 2008

Untitled

Looking over the grassy cliff
I'm not sure what takes
In the distance, a star explodes
What is it that makes us so far

At the start of a day, I hide
my underlying inhibitions:
I make each step strong and swift
as to know what it takes
But from here to there, I know not where

Then at the day's fall, alone and motionless:
The demons pour out to mock the past.
I listen but do not understand the crime
that I've done to hear them again and again

No one wants to live like this
So people walk and teach us another way.
But when we're sitting their listening:
The struggle is enough work we say

Curiosity has haunted me for days.
I opened a book the other day:
It told me a tale that men are all one.
I dropped everything for work had to be done.

I lifted up my boot and tore the
size tag right off.
Then I took off as one with everything

I walked for awhile,
But wouldn't know that
I laugh but still don't get it
My eyes won't stop lying to me

Looking down, I jump to
no where from nothing

No comments: