Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Quiet Hallway

quiet halls echo my voice.
footsteps slowly pound their way up the stairs
and a man is walking towards me.
my eyes are darting left and right.
i'm trapped inside a quiet hallway.

dark clouds are forming and the wind is beginning.
i'm thinking i'll run away if
my feet weren't made of stone.
The man is getting closer...
I'm trapped within a quiet hallway

Lightning strikes! And I'm being stared at by an animal.
His claws are growing, teeth flaring, and he's hissing my execration
I try to ignore him, glance behind me, look at the grass
Forget about all this, and remember my life is beautiful

When i was a boy, I slid down an icy slope
I was so happy; my life blurred in ecstasy.
oh mother out there in the green grass
is that your face?
you always did say it was much too risky
I didn't think it would come to this
My eyes leak for looking out there
From inside here, my quiet hallway

It's just as I expected. the dead are coming again to catch me
From an extended bone pointing at me, a spell is cast
And my blood runs cold thinking no no, this can't be true
I thought I was out of view, but the man found
My secluded quiet hallway and wants his due

He inches near and the wind is scaring me
"It's my quiet hallway - get out of here!"
but the clouds never leave me alone.
They snarl and hiss at me transforming into
Demons, snakes, and rodents that reach out to lick
my body with lightning and piss. And as
I collapse, they leave me moaning to wither to shit
Laughing all the while -
they've taken my quiet hallway and never giving it back

I try to ignore them, close my eyes:
When I was a child, I slid down an icy slope.
I would do it again if they gave me the chance.

No comments: