Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hidden In The Trees

I don't know what to say, but listen -
Your heart is echoing what my heart's whispering

The sun is making its way to a high point.
This feels like some big play
With a spotlight shining down upon us.
I'm thinking my god, it's really quite bright

So we hide in the woods together
where the light can pour softly over us.
In our kind of solitude, I'm thinking
It's crazy how we came here

I was just passing by and you were just hanging out
When I said a few dumb things,
I couldn't believe: you got up to walk with me
and soon we found ourselves lost in the heart of the forest

What is this I wonder -
The light between us is getting brighter
I really can't fight the sensation much longer
My heart is screaming every time you smile

So I grab you closer to me
But your eyes are scanning all around
I wonder why? as I become uneasy
And just when I was about to worry,

I had a look around as well:
The branches are slowly rocking
Throwing the light all around us

I can't believe how beautiful it is
With us at the center of it all.
There's gotta be cameras hiding somewhere
or maybe God is trying to show me

That when you take it all in...
Like pouring gas into an empty lighter..
As our lips touch, it's like a spark -
And our hearts are on fire

No comments: