Saturday, June 16, 2018

Milky Way

My eyes fly away to the milky away
With a martian beeming a welcome signal
My vision is divided into two with the
Line in the middle quickly blurring

It’s pulling me into the distortion field
A realm I had never dreamt of before
And with eyes cast away I set sail
Through the milky way into caves
Filled with ancient jewels hidden
From the demons lurking this earth

And in their eminence I saw a brilliance
Words only wish they could capture
But it reminded me of a time I was maybe 9
And the sun did shine and I looked around
I was free of the ego’s games
And at peace in my domain

The little child became a bitter player
And wanted the world to crown it ruler
Yet did we ever find how much power
It is that satisfies our souls?
Am I just a fool to dream of something more?

What was I come here to do?
Have you asked yourself that too?
Into the Milky Way I’m gonna fly away
The Martian has replaced my field of vision
With some kind of light that won’t be dimmed

I’m afraid I’ve lost my mind now -- so to speak
Though I’m not sure I ever had it much to begin with
Was not our lives championed by our pleasures?
And was not our pleasures ever dwindling?
And when the moments added up in your bag --
Did it create a lag while stumbling through time?

Did it find a way into your lonely mind?
When it it’s just you and you --
What did it say to you?

Did it tell you it was all wrong?
That you were to blame for the coventry?
That you laid aside victory for misery?
Beause your heart hated itself so bittery?
Did you tell yourself a sad, sad story?
From your great continuing memory?

I know what a struggle it is to roll the dice
At the break of dawn and watch
As the numbers go up and down
As we circle the sun all around
Never really knowing when the circle ends
Or when it begins

But to each day we must roll our dice
And play our best hand
For who knows the stakes in this unknown land?
Some would tell us sin will do us into the ground
And I wonder if they really think God’s plan
Is to murder the confused as villains of evil

And for us righteous, should we stand tall
As we leech off whom God would deem small?
Yes, I can see the stars now
And this martian is asking me if I ever had a name,
And it occurs to me
How could I?


No comments: